Saturday, April 19, 2008

Take That, Phanatic

The Mets beat the Phillies on their home turf today for the second straight game. Oliver Perez looked good through 5 2/3 and got himself a single. David I-Wish-I-Was-Hojo Wright started things with a two run double off of Jamie Moyer, who by the way looks exactly like the Dodo from Follow That Bird. But my favorite by far was atching Rey Rey's home run in the seventh and all the celebration to follow. Thank you Carlos for finally talking some sense into him. Jose, always listen to this man, he will never lead you astray. He just wasn't the Reyes we all fell in love with when he wasn't dancing and having a good time. Good to see the smiles and handshakes return and order restored to the universe. Aaron Heilman had me very stressed with the bases loaded in the eight. He is one of my most favorite players and I've stood by him through some less than stellar outings. So when he blows it, I can be sure I will hear it. He managed to pitch his way out of the jam with the lead intact and made me a very happy fan. Billy Wagner came in and pitched a great ninth to earn his fourth save of the year.

One more to go, get the brooms ready. Go Big Pelf!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, megan!

Megan said...

thanks :)