Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane...



First thing this Saturday morning we're heading out to Port St. Lucie to meet the Mets, meet the Mets, step right up and greet the Mets. We've been hoping to get to spring training for a long time and we couldn't have found a better year to go. I can't wait to soak in some Florida sunshine, check out all the players at workouts and hopefully get some autographs, and take a thousand pictures. But I think the thing I'm most excited for is to take in an actual baseball game for the first time since that game we don't talk about in September. Sitting here watching the updates on my laptop is just not cutting it, I need to be at the park taking in the action first hand.

All my Mets gear is packed, my David Wright jersey bag and lucky pig ready to go. My Mets playlist needs a complete overhaul, because way too much of it came from Paulie, Lastings and Shawn, and also just to rid myself of all remnants of last year to start fresh. Hopefully this trip is going to be a great kickoff to what should be an amazing season.

No comments: